My life—who I am, what I think, feel, and do, what I love—is the sum of what I focus on.
My top three focus areas:
- Family (spending as much quality time with my family as I can)
- Career (building best-in-class software and leading a great team)
- Self-Development (reading, writing, meditation, martial arts, fitness)
- I’m a loving and caring husband and father. I’m a thoughtful son, brother, and uncle to my family, and a good friend to those who are dear to me. I put family first.
- I tell my wife and kids that I love them every single day and never take them for granted.
- I infuse personal integrity into all of my relationships and I always tell the truth.
- I’m inspired by creating world-class software used by hundreds of millions of people every day.
- I approach life with an inquisitive and curious nature, always looking to better understand myself and my place in the world.
- I write about focus and personal development as an outlet for my own growth and as a way to help and inspire others to reach their own potential.
- I’m a positive influence to those around me.
- I treat money as a means to an end as we progress towards financial independence.
- I enjoy robust energy spectacular health through regular training and sound nutritional habits.
- I always remember how good it feels to not have any psychic entropy* and strive to maintain balance and purpose in my actions.
- Through it all, I’m grateful.
- Be your 9-year old self
- Be easy on yourself
- Enjoy the little things
- Speak the truth
- Direct your focus
- Be your father to your kids
- It’s never as bad, or as good, as you think it is
- Mull over things just enough and no more
- Appreciate everything you have
- Perfect is the enemy of good
- Bounce at zero
- You are still young enough
* Psychic entropy is information that conflicts with existing intentions or that distracts people from carrying out intentions (Csikszentmihalyi, 1990).